Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Al-Aqsur

Luxor. In all honesty, I didn't love Luxor all that much. Too much hassling, too hot...it just didn't feel right in a lot of ways. But the sights were certainly fantastic. And I did have good Thai food one night.


This is at the Temple of Luxor in the middle of downtown. Karnak Temple, a few kilometers north of the city center, was quite a bit more spectacular, but I have no pictures. We saw a sound and light show at night there, which is an activity I highly recommend. Masses of people were there, and you're all slowly guided through the temple by lights and booming voices telling you stories of the ways of the ancient Egyptians and impersonating Pharaohs. Totally cheesy, but a blast nonetheless.





On the waterfront is a splendid place to walk.

I am without comment, except for, W.T.F.?

Sorry...which way is Salah El Din Street?



I cannot believe I was able to get Khaled to pose for this!!!

No comments: