Saturday, November 3, 2007

Nine years is too long to feel this way

I’m sorry I acted annoyed with you in public.

I’m sorry I resented your charity toward other families and people in need.

I’m sorry that I thought I didn’t need you.

I’m sorry I ridiculed your hammer pants.

I’m sorry I didn’t like going to your churches.

I’m sorry I said no to seeing the symphony in October 1998.

I’m sorry I drank some of your wine then lied about it.

I’m sorry you never took me on the road trip through Europe that we talked about.

I’m sorry that you probably thought I didn’t love you.

I’m sorry I’m not a Christian.

I’m sorry that you struggled so much.

I’m sorry that we never got to read some of the same books together.

I’m sorry that I know so little about you.

I’m sorry I was so obnoxious in the theater during “A River Runs Through It.”

I’m sorry I didn’t think I had anything to learn from you.

I’m sorry I’ll never know if you would have enjoyed or hated “The Da Vinci Code.”

I’m sorry about that time I said Jesus’ mother could have been a prostitute just to piss you off.

I’m sorry that I’ll always wonder if I had hung out with you that weekend maybe you would have changed your mind.

I’m sorry I sometimes use you as an excuse for not dealing with my own problems.

I’m sorry I always got you really lame birthday and Christmas presents.

I’m sorry I thought I was ashamed of you.

I’m sorry I’ll never know how long you’d been planning it.

I’m sorry you were alone in your last moments.

I’m sorry you couldn’t find happiness in this life.

----------

Also, I'm sorry to any of you that I was a bitch to during my high school years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you kay. b.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, too, Kirst... B

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry too.....and I love you too...mom

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing that with us kay, I love you
..seth

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way, just so you know...s