Monday, August 6, 2007

I'm Pretty Sure This is Cairo


So I went on a two hour long camel ride at the pyramids. And I haven't walked or slept normally since. This is Ghanim, who led me and and my camel around the sand. Every minute or so, he would turn around on his camel and ask, "Good happy?" Yes I was indeed good happy, just really really uncomfortable.

I'll share more later. But first I have to recount what happened this morning, when I met the woman who will be my roommate throughout the tour:

Tracey: "So where are you from, 'Kay'?"
Kay: "Seattle."
T: "Really, I grew up in Seattle!"
K: "Oh wow, what part?"
T: "Well, Carnation, actually."
K: "WHAT!!!! I GREW UP IN CARNATION!!!"

Dude, wtf...how is that possible?

And what else? She recently finished her PhD at Virginia Tech, making it apparent that I will go on no organized trip for the rest of my life without a roommate from Tech (If I didn't mention it before, my roommate in Nicosia went to Tech (and was the only person in the GLS group who did), and actually knew my roommate in Moscow, who went to Tech).

The world seriously creeps me out sometimes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where in Carnation did Tracy live and when??? mom

Anonymous said...

that picture kinda remindsd me of Adrian.

have you uncovered any ancient secrets yet?

Anonymous said...

thats totally crazy! and weird! b.

Anonymous said...

Its a small world after all
I can't believe that, sometimes I think everything is so beautiful! Miracles really!
s