Thursday, September 13, 2007

Assorted Aswan Photos Around My Hotel

This is the big square in front of the train station, about a block from our hotel. It would have been more pleasant to walk in this area, where the waterfront is lined with parks, if everyone wasn't staring and making comments at you.


These are the views from Tracey's and my hotel room at the Marhaba Palace Hotel. It was definitely my favorite hotel of the whole trip, largely because of the fact that when keys were being passed out, Tracey randomly selected the only suite!!! We had such a massive beautiful room. And the pool here was the best of all the hotels as well. They even let me swim at night (the sign said it closed at five) with a bottle of beer! A delightful couple of days were had in Aswan.



I would always welcome a chance to let Marhaba puts me together again! I also like the idea of "internet coffee" - is that like where you press a button and a caffeine fix is programmed to your brain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is EXACTLY what I wondered! I also liked "BBQ and all kinds of drinks!" mom