Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Big Irritating But Still Fun Bazaar

Khan al-Khalili. It ended up being the only place I actually bought souvenir stuff. It would have been more fun if everything I bought didn't get offered to my friend Jeff a minute later at a lower price!! I need to learn to be willing to walk away, but I just can't do it!


In the middle of the bazaar there just happens to be a cafe named for my favorite Egyptian author, Naghuib Mahfouz! They had the best hummous I had in Egypt too. I went several times.

These are just random Cairo shots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know he is a favorite with the egyptians too? What's he write about? mum

Kay said...

Yeah, I'm not unique at all to love him. He's probably the most famous Egyptian author ever. He writes novels and stories about goings-on in cairo mostly. It's the eloquence with which he tells such mundane tales that grabs you. BN usually carries lots of his stuff, scope it out!